Wednesday, October 10, 2018

[Literacy] Reading Reponse

In literacy class, we've been learning about how to write a reading response.
We read a short story book, and we discussed what to include in our reading response journal.


Writing a Reading Response Journal


Learning Goal: We are learning to use the reading strategies to write about what we’re thinking
when we read in a reading response journal.


Success Criteria:
I know I am successful when I…

-Include "Dear Ms. Kwak"
-Include the date
-Write the title of the book I am reading in quotation marks or underlined, and the author of the book.
-Describe what my book is about (3-4 sentences)
-Describe the reading strategies that I am using
-Choose from: predicting, inferring, making connections, visualizing, asking questions, determining important ideas). (We learned how to make connections so far.) -Include proof from the text that shows how you used the strategy. (e.g., When I read the part about…
Or When I saw the picture of…")
-Explain your thinking.  (e.g., This strategy helped me understand that... because…)
-Include your thoughts or opinions about the book.








No comments:

Post a Comment